Saturday, July 26, 2014

How Our Pets Mean So Much to Us

I came home the other night and as I opened my front door I had both my cats greet me as I entered. It is always a warm feeling when I come home from a long day or night at work and get to see that I am greeted by these two every day. I do not know if it is because they did miss me all day or if they are just hungry, but either way I love the feeling.

Growing up I have always had pets both cats and dogs. Living alone now it is easier to have the cats, but at some point I will get another dog at some point. But, that just makes me an animal lover and I really could not imagine not having any type of pet around. I have to say that I am a lucky one with my cats as they are both very friendly and have a ton of character. My orange tabby likes to play fetch, comes when you call his name, and likes to sit on your lap at night.

We as people get very attached to our pets that we tend to spoil them and sometimes treat them better than we treat ourselves. Now, I have not done some of these things but people like to dress their pets in clothing, there are doggy spas where they can even get massages, and so much more that the list can go on and on. The only way that I spoil my cats is just by giving them attention and buying them toys that they enjoy to play with. I cannot envision dressing my animals up in sweaters, jewelry, shirts, or whatever else people come up with.

All I know is that my cats make me happy when I am at home. I cannot imagine not coming home to them. How do you treat your pets? Do you have any funny stories that you would like to share?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment