Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Snow Day in the DMV

Last night in the DMV area we finally got our first real snow fall of the season. In most of the areas there was about 6 inches of snow and nothing too crazy. But, anything more that 2 inches of snow in the Washington DC area and everything is delayed, once we hit 6 inches of snow then the entire city is closed down as it is today. I have to say that the people who live up north in the Boston area watching the news this morning have to be laughing at us down here. I went outside this morning to clear off my car and get ready to head into work and the roads were not too awful. They were a little slick but nothing that would be too bad to still get out and drive on. Now, I did not go into work as today was my scheduled day off already but I was still going to go in and make sure that my staff was taken care, lucky for me my boss was there today.

I can understand giving the schools the day off as there are many neighborhoods that are slick and we do not want to risk any injury to the kids. But to have to close local governments, businesses, and everything else they closed today just makes me laugh. Now, I do not plan on really leaving my place today at all because I have no reason to, but also I do not trust others out on the road. I have learned that when there is snow on the ground in this area that people freak out and forget to know how to drive. Why advice to everyone today is to stay at home because I know you do not know how to drive and you are going to hurt yourself and others. But, also find your inner kid and go play in the snow! I had fun in the snow last night as it was coming down then I came in and had a nice hot cup of hot chocolate.

What are you going to do on this snow day? Make sure to leave your comments on my facebook page Rollinwrenkadink


No comments:

Post a Comment