Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Why is it so hard for people to drive?

Have you ever wondered why it is so difficult for people to drive properly? What I mean by this is that I have never understood why people have to drive 5MPH when going by a police car that has pulled someone over or an accident that is all the way over on the shoulder and is not having any effect on the lanes. Why do people feel that they have to look to see what is going on?

It really gets me that people will hold up traffic or take the risk of another accident in order just to see what is going on with some one else. Do you really have to be that damn noisy? I travel on one of the busiest and most trafficked road there is, I66 in Washington DC, and a good amount of traffic I encounter is from other drivers just wanting to see what is going on and drive 5MPH. There are days that it takes me an hour to go the 5 miles when it should only take about 15 minutes, and most of it is because people need to know what is going on. It's not like there is a cop standing out there giving everyone a play by play of what is going on nor is there a sign explaining the situation.

When there is an accident or roadwork that is blocking a lane why do drivers find it so hard to merge over to another lane? People will drive all the way up to the coned off area and not try to switch lanes prior to that point. Do people really think that they are going to get much further by going all the way up to the coned off area than merging ahead of time? No, instead all they do is hold up traffic even more. They think that they are these smart drivers but on the contrary they make themselves look stupid. But, this also goes for the bone head drivers that will not let someone over when they have their turn signal on. Don't these people know that traffic will speed up if they would let others over into the lane. It drives my nuts when I watch this while I am sitting in traffic. When I know a lane is going to end I tend to leave a good car and a half length in front of me so that others and merge over before the lane runs out. It's funny to count how many cars go by me and not move in front of me when I give them enough room. Again, drivers who are not smart.

In addition to drivers me not so bright they are also very lazy. I realized this the other day when I was pulling into the parking lot of the local shopping center. I parked my car as there were tons of parking spaces around. As I was walking from my car towards the entrance of the store there were 3 cars waiting for the same parking space as it was closer to the door. It made me laugh as there were at least two dozen parking spaces over where I was parked, but these people wanted the closest space possible. As long as it would take for these people to either wait for a space or drive around to find a close space they could have parked just a bit further away and walked to the store faster than waiting for a closer spot. Have people really have gotten this lazy that they do not want to even walk a few extra feet? Does it really make a difference to park a few spaces closer? These are all questions I ask myself as some times I wonder how some people even got their drivers license.

No comments:

Post a Comment